iumio Framework is based on the MVC architecture (Model Vue Controller). This architecture able to separate some layers.
- Simultaneous development – Multiple developers can work simultaneously on the model, controller and views.
- High cohesion – MVC enables logical grouping of related actions on a controller together. The views for a specific model are also grouped together.
- Low coupling – The very nature of the MVC framework is such that there is low coupling among models, views or controllers
- Ease of modification – Because of the separation of responsibilities, future development or modification is easier
- Multiple views for a model – Models can have multiple views
source wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model%E2%80%93view%E2%80%93controller)
iumio Framework does not integrate the Model part (Soon with iumio Power8 ) yet
The app directory is divided into 4 parts :
- Front directory : This directory contains views and assets necessary for your app
- views directory : Contains your html template
- Resources directory : Contains all assets required for your application
- Masters directory : This directory contains all master class (controller class)
- Routing directory : Contains all routes file for your application.
- The App identifier file : This file is only here to identify your app by iumio Framework system
Another directory can be create : Locales. This directory contains all translatable file for each lang. You must to enable the locale feature on FGM if you want to use locale in your application.